Re: Oops report for the week preceding June 16th, 2008

From: Len Brown
Date: Fri Jun 20 2008 - 02:01:50 EST

> my only worry was about the current situation, which, according to
> kerneloops.org, with 17442 oopses reported against v2.6.25, isnt
> anything to feel too great about. (And that's not limited to wireless in
> any way - there is a rather prominent tick_broadcast_oneshot_control()
> soft lockup entry as well that we are trying to figure out.)
>
> It will all get better i'm sure - we now finally have objective
> visibility of bugs as they happen to users.

kerneloops.org is indeed a wonderful thing (kudos to Arjan, once again!).

Note, however, that the large number of recent reports isn't necessarily a
fair comparison with numbers for previous releases. For the number of
clients to report to kerneloops.org is not constant. (eg. it was included
with Fedora Core 9, but not with Fedora Core 8)

cheers,
-Len