Apple SMC key enumeration

From: Bharath Ramesh
Date: Thu Jun 19 2008 - 23:51:58 EST

Hello,
I have new MacPro3 and I want to try to get the sensors on it working.
I am trying to enumerate all the keys that Apple SMC allows. I used
the key enumeration method you had mentioned in this thread

http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/4/13/16

But whenever I run any of the following:
cat key_at_index_name
cat key_at_index_type
cat key_at_index_data_length

I get the following error:
cat: key_at_index_type: Input/output error
cat: key_at_index_data_length: Input/output error
hexdump: key_at_index_data: Input/output error

Has the method to enumerate the keys changed? If it has whats the new
way to enumerate the keys. Any help in this is appreciated.

Thanks,

Bharath

P.S I am not subscribed to the kernel mailing list, would appreciate if
you could CC me in the reply.

---
Bharath Ramesh <bramesh@xxxxxx> http://people.cs.vt.edu/~bramesh