Re: XFS: 2.6.26-rc6 link count mismatch for inode

From: Dave Chinner
Date: Wed Jun 18 2008 - 12:13:12 EST

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 11:11:31AM +0200, Marco Berizzi wrote:
> Hi Folk,
>
> I was tring to compile firefox 3.0rc3
> and while I was erasing a previous
> /tmp/mozilla tree, I started a new
> tar xjf mozilla-blabla.
> After a while linux 2.6.26-rc6 was
> unresponsive: I have unplugged the
> power cable. No problem at startup,
> but:

What are your mount options? Are you using barriers (what does XFS
output in dmesg when mounting the filesystem)? I ask because I've
seen this sort of directory corruption before when using volatile
write caches and yanking the power....

i.e. the corruption could have been caused by the way you reset the
system, not because of the hang. Do you have any information on what
caused the hang?

Cheers,

Dave.
--