Re: [regression?] e1000e breaks IPMI

From: Bernd Schubert
Date: Wed Jun 18 2008 - 05:58:54 EST

> I hate working around this broken BMC (again) when others are known to
> work just fine, and CRC stripping in hardware really simplifies our
> receive path.

Due to rather bad experiences I'm always alarmed about IPMI problems (actually
so far not with supermicro, but with other vendors). So I contacted
supermicro and immediately got an answer they have a new LAP EEPROM to fix
this problem.

So the problem with supermicro is solved, lets see what the other vendor, I
also contacted, says.

--
Bernd Schubert
Q-Leap Networks GmbH