Re: [2.6.22? VMware?] BUG() at sysfs_follow_link+0x129/0x260

From: penguin-kernel
Date: Mon Jun 16 2008 - 20:43:12 EST

Hello.

Alok Kataria wrote:
> Is this bug reproducible ?
Yes.

> Does this oops happen while the vmware-install script is still
> executing ?
It happened while /usr/bin/vmware-config-tools.pl is running.
I uploaded screenshots at the moment of oops.
http://I-love.SAKURA.ne.jp/tmp/oops-1.png
http://I-love.SAKURA.ne.jp/tmp/oops-2.png
http://I-love.SAKURA.ne.jp/tmp/oops-3.png

> Or does it happen after the installation/upgrade is complete ?
> If its the latter case, Can you please determine what line in the perl
> script is triggering this oops ?
The process who triggered this oops is "slabinfo".
So I tried "strace slabinfo" while I am running /usr/bin/vmware-config-tools.pl ,
and I found that the oops is happening while trying to read hgfsReqCache entry.
http://I-love.SAKURA.ne.jp/tmp/oops-4.png

Here is my environment:

Host OS:

CentOS 5.1 x86_64 on ThinkPad X60