odd timing bug with cgroups?

From: Chris Friesen
Date: Fri Jun 13 2008 - 17:39:33 EST

I'm seeing some odd behaviour in the case where a parent task forks a child and then immediately attempts to put the child into a group.

It appears that there is a window after task creation where the child task is in "limbo" such that the parent cannot put it into a group. If I run the parent under "strace" or else sleep for a bit before trying to put the child into a group, then everything works fine.

This seems odd...I would think that as soon as the fork() call returns in the parent we should be able to put that task into a group.

I'm just starting to look at the code, but I thought I'd mention it in case someone knows exactly where to look.

Chris