Re: Inquiry: Should we remove "isolcpus= kernel boot option? (mayhave realtime uses)

From: Paul Jackson
Date: Wed Jun 04 2008 - 13:27:18 EST

Mark wrote:
> What is an abonination, is that cpusets are equired for this type of
> isolation to begin with, even on a 2 processor machine.

Just to be sure I'm following you here, you stating that you
want to be able to manipulate the isolated cpu map at runtime,
not just with the boot option isolcpus, right? Where this
isolated cpu map works just fine even on systems which do
not have cpusets configured, right?

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability