Re: LinuxPPS low-level IRQs timestamps & ldisc

From: Lennart Sorensen
Date: Mon Jun 02 2008 - 13:09:27 EST

On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 04:56:03PM +0200, Rodolfo Giometti wrote:
> I prefere avoid the if clause for getnstimeofday() since each
> instruction delay may decrease time precision, so:

Not if the delay is always constant. That you can adjust for. You
already have to adjust for cable length and such for your GPS, so
adjusting for a fixed delay for a conditional is no big deal.

Of course if you have to check of the DCD changed, that may not be
constant. A check for whether this device currently has anyone that
wants the timestamp though should be a constant time.

--
Len Sorensen