Re: [bug] stuck localhost TCP connections, v2.6.26-rc3+

From: Ilpo Järvinen
Date: Mon Jun 02 2008 - 07:53:30 EST

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008, Herbert Xu wrote:

> Ilpo J??rvinen <ilpo.jarvinen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Before:
> > tcp 65436 0 lo:5000 lo:59980 ESTABLISHED -
>
> This is what happens before accept(2) is called. Ingo, please
> strace the process that owns the listening socket to make sure
> that it is actually calling accept(2). If it ever stops calling
> accept(2) then this is expected behaviour.

Shouldn't that be already visible in the ingo's sysrq-t dump, no? There:

There are many sys_accepts at least (if I understand that dump at all).
There were some ip_local_outs there as well, which made me wonder if the
totally innocent looking commit 1ac06e0306d0192a7a4d9ea1c9e06d355ce7e7d3
(ipsec: Use the correct ip_local_out function) has something to do with
this (I definately don't understand that part at all).

--
i.