Re: [patch -v2 06/23] s390/vmcp: use simple_read_from_buffer

From: Christian Borntraeger
Date: Mon Jun 02 2008 - 04:54:06 EST

Am Montag, 2. Juni 2008 schrieb akinobu.mita@xxxxxxxxx:

> - tocopy = min(session->resp_size - (size_t) (*ppos), count);
> - tocopy = min(tocopy, session->bufsize - (size_t) (*ppos));
> + ret = simple_read_from_buffer(buff, count, ppos,
> + session->response, session->resp_size);

Its not that simple. The z/VM Diagnose 8 has a quite interesting return value.

- session->bufsize is the size of the buffer as we allocated and know
- session->resp_size is the size of the data - no matter if the buffer was
large enough. z/VM is smart enough to not go beyond the buffer, but it tells
us how many bytes it skipped. resp_size contains bufsize + skipped_bytes.

Unfortunately there is no end of string delimiter and we have to use the
response size.

There are two cases:
1. The buffer was large enough, so we can use session->resp_size
2. The buffer was not large enough and output was truncated. we must now use
session->bufsize

Christian