Re: m68k libc5 regression

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Sun Jun 01 2008 - 04:49:20 EST

On Sun, 1 Jun 2008 10:37:59 +0200 (CEST) Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I shall merge this fix into my tree (y'know - the one where memory
> > management patches are hosted) and I'll get it into 2.6.26 and shall
> > offer it to the -stable team. This will cause me to get collisions
> > with the duplicated patch in linux-next but fortunately it is small.
> > This time.
>
> So what's the appropriate way to handle this?

Well at least please reply letting people know what's happening with it.

Ask me to merge it and remind me that it's needed in -stable. Or just
send the thing to Linus and -stable immediately. Copy me and I'll do
the usual merge-it-in-case-linus-misses-it trick.

> I should have kept it in the m68k series after NEXT_PATCHES_END, so
> nobody sees it exists?

That would work, as long as we know that the patch is firmly on the
mainline and -stable paths.