Re: [Ksummit-2008-discuss] How many contributors are we losing

From: Hugh Dickins
Date: Fri May 30 2008 - 17:15:58 EST

On Fri, 30 May 2008, Luck, Tony wrote:

> I took those cleaned up log files (which run from 2.6.11 to 2.6.22) and
> created some new ones (raw, I didn't try to clean them) for 2.6.23, 2.6.24,
> 2.6.25 and 2.6.26-sofar. Then I skimmed through looking for drive-by
> contributors (defined as someone who contributes to just one release and
> is then never heard from again).

We've had some great contributions from drive-bys down the years,
and I see that as a gain rather than a loss. I suppose it's a
half-full versus half-empty perception.

Interesting list, but as you admit, yes, there are a lot of false
positives in there. Just to pick on one ...

> ==== Scanning 2.6.11
> Theodore Y. Ts'o

... anyone know what happened to that guy?

Hugh