Re: [patch 06/11] showmem: Only walk spanned pages.

From: Johannes Weiner
Date: Fri May 30 2008 - 02:14:25 EST

Hi,

Heiko Carstens <heiko.carstens@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 07:20:57PM +0200, Johannes Weiner wrote:
>> > printk("%lu pages dirty\n", global_page_state(NR_FILE_DIRTY));
>> > printk("%lu pages writeback\n", global_page_state(NR_WRITEBACK));
>> > printk("%lu pages mapped\n", global_page_state(NR_FILE_MAPPED));
>>
>> These are redundant, check show_free_areas().
>
> Indeed. Removed them. Thanks!
>
> Btw. what's up with your show_mem() cleanup patch series? I thought it
> would be merged before 2.6.26 and now it isn't even in -mm?

It interfered with my stupid `remove free swap space display' series
which is not yet completely in mainline (and no more in -mm). I wanted
to wait until it trickled in but I think I will include the remaining
patches into the generic show_mem series and send them out soon,
obsoleting the old series...

Remaining unpatched show_mem()s in mainline are are um, sparc, sh, m32r,
alpha, sparc64 and xtensa.

Hannes