Re: 2.6.26-rc3 - appletouch resume "incomplete data package"

From: Bob Copeland
Date: Thu May 29 2008 - 22:57:29 EST

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 7:06 AM, Johannes Berg
<johannes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-05-25 at 16:24 -0400, Bob Copeland wrote:
>> This appears to be a regression since 2.6.25. After resuming, I get:
>>
>> appletouch: incomplete data package (first byte: 2, length: 4).
>> appletouch: incomplete data package (first byte: 2, length: 4).
>> appletouch: incomplete data package (first byte: 2, length: 4).

> I have intermittently seen this problem happen for quite a while, a
> bisect will probably not help you.

Hmm, well the console switch in suspend may be triggering it, but I
didn't have the issue in 2.6.25 and it seems to be easily repeatable
for me in .26 so far. Doing ctrl-alt-f1 to switch to text mode and
back a dozen times didn't break the mouse, but suspending once did.

I tried a bisect anyway but didn't come up with any smoking gun. Darn.

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com