Re: [RFC][Patch 5/5]integrity: IMA as an integrity service provider

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Thu May 29 2008 - 19:35:50 EST

On Thu, 29 May 2008 17:50:34 -0400
Mimi Zohar <zohar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Ok. The timespec_recent and mtime issues are part of the same problem
> > > of detecting when a file has been modified.
> >
> > Can't use inode.i_version?
>
> i_version is now working on my system.

Oh good.

> It looks good. Is
> there anything that I need to be concerned about, such as
> limited filesystem support or the i_version is not updated
> by file_close for mmaped files?

erk, I'm not an i_version person. It seems that it's only used on
directories (to patch up readdir coherency problems) so I guess I
misled you there.

There's file_struct.f_version, which is no good.

i_generation is no good either.

We've documented these things so wonderfully!

i_writecount looks good?