Re: Oops in mac80211 with 2.6.26-rc3 triggered playing a video

From: Justin Madru
Date: Thu May 29 2008 - 13:38:18 EST

I've been testing .26-rc4 and I haven't had it lock up - yet. It seems like rc4 is more stable than rc3. It seems to fix some other problems I was having.

Vegard Nossum wrote:
Btw, I don't really see what access point association has to do with
playing a movie, so I'm inclined to believe the patch actually won't
fix your problem. But that's what the oops was. Perhaps you were
unlucky and hit a combination of two different issues... We'll see.
Yeah, I thought the same thing. Why would a network related oops be triggered by video playback. It was probably just a coincidence - hitting two bugs at once! And I think the video playback lockup was due to something that got fixed in rc4 that Linus mentioned.

Linus Torvalds wrote:
But most of the changes, as usual, are in drivers, at 60%, with some DRI changes leading the way (fixing a number of other regressions, mainly by reverting the under-cooked vblank update).

Justin Madru