Re: Problem activating multiple cores ONLY if I press any keybefore kernel is loaded

From: Dave Jones
Date: Wed May 28 2008 - 16:15:42 EST

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 10:06:44AM +0200, Jiri Slaby wrote:
> On 05/26/2008 05:39 AM, S K wrote:
> > and Fedora 9 with kernel 2.6.25.3-18.fc9.i686.
> [...]
> > I see this in dmesg:
> > CPU 1 irqstacks, hard=c07ba000 soft=c079a000
> > Not responding.
> > Inquiring remote APIC #1...
> > ... APIC #1 ID: failed
> > ... APIC #1 VERSION: failed
> > ... APIC #1 SPIV: failed
> > CPU #1 not responding - cannot use it.
> > Booting processor 1/2 ip 4000
> > Not responding.
> > Inquiring remote APIC #2...
> > ... APIC #2 ID: failed
> > ... APIC #2 VERSION: failed
> > ... APIC #2 SPIV: failed
> > CPU #2 not responding - cannot use it.
> > Booting processor 1/3 ip 4000
> > Not responding.
> > Inquiring remote APIC #3...
> > ... APIC #3 ID: failed
> > ... APIC #3 VERSION: failed
> > ... APIC #3 SPIV: failed
> > CPU #3 not responding - cannot use it.
> > Total of 1 processors activated (5015.39 BogoMIPS).
> > ENABLING IO-APIC IRQs
> > ..TIMER: vector=0x31 apic1=0 pin1=2 apic2=-1 pin2=-1
> > Brought up 1 CPUs
>
> Does it work with vanilla? If yes, contact your kernel provider (redhat bugzilla).

Incredibly high chance that the answer is yes.
I don't recall any patches that could affect this, and in honesty filing
this at rh bugzilla is going to make me scratch my head, and then
ask people here like tglx & ingo to take a look, so other than for tracking
purposes, it's not likely to improve chances of it getting fixed.

Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk