Re: Redzone overwritten with CONFIG_SECURITY

From: Eric Sesterhenn
Date: Tue May 27 2008 - 11:11:49 EST

* Pekka Enberg (penberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> (added some cc's)
>
> On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 5:34 PM, Eric Sesterhenn <snakebyte@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > i enabled CONFIG_SECURITY on current git and get tons of
> > Redzone overwritten errors during early boot, even
> > with CONFIG_SECURITY_CAPABILITIES and CONFIG_SECURITY_NETWORK
> > disabled. After a while it ends with a kernel panic
> > saying: not syncing: Out of memory and no killable process...
> > Root partition is ext3 format.
>
> So what kernel version is this and what's the last known version that
> worked? As it's early boot crash, maybe you can try to do git bisect
> on it?

this is 2.6.26-rc4, i didnt test any earlier versions so far
(ok, i did test some pre -rc4 git versions i think 4 days
ago, but they also showed the problem) this is the
first time that i enabled CONFIG_SECURITY on my testbox.

I am currently trying to reproduce this with SLAB as Vegard
suggested for the kmemcheck report. After this I'll retest this
on a fresh tree to make sure it isnt something buggy on my part
and try some older kernels.

Greetings, Eric