Re: Linux 2.6.26-rc4

From: David Woodhouse
Date: Tue May 27 2008 - 02:25:06 EST

On Mon, 2008-05-26 at 23:00 -0700, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> > The driver needs that 'more' to reach the lock registers for the flash
> > chip. If it's being used for other things, shouldn't the
> > request_region() fail?
>
> it does fail....
> ... and then the driver continues anyway!

Heh. That's.... naughty. There are kind of valid reasons for that kind
of thing occasionally, but I suspect not this time.

> absolutely
>
> do we need a MODULE_NO_AUTOLOAD() ?

Just dropping the MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE() should suffice. We should
probably also use the code which is currently in #if 0 which uses
pci_register_driver() instead of doing things for itself; I'm not
entirely sure why that is commented out.

--
dwmw2