Bug/misfeature of "securityfs"

From: Markku Savela
Date: Mon May 26 2008 - 06:51:18 EST

I write a module which creates a securityfs on init

foobar = securityfs_create_dir("foobar", NULL)
and on exit it does
security_fs_remove(foobar);

When I do "insmod" and "rmmod", I see

/sys/kernel/security/foobar/

appear and go away.

Now, if have a shell and do "cd /sys/kernel/security/foobar", the
"rmmod" does not remove the directory. The directory disappears when I
exit the shell from it via "cd ..". This is fine, and as it should be,
but....

IF, while having the shell in the directory, I try to "insmod" again,
the insmod fails with "-1 File exists". Again, understandable, BUT
when after this I exit the shell from the directory, IT DOES NOT GO
AWAY. It's permanetly existing, and module install fails always with
"File Exists".

Is this a bug, or am doing something wrong?

The kernel is Ubuntu Hardy heron
2.6.24-16-generic #1 SMP Thu Apr 10 13:23:42 UTC 2008 i686

--
Markku Savela