Re: [BUG: 2.6.26-rc3] ERROR: "____ilog2_NaN" undefined

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Sun May 25 2008 - 17:06:18 EST

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 10:57:16PM +0200, Mirco Tischler wrote:
> On So, 2008-05-25 at 23:18 +0300, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > > Gnu C 4.3.0-4ubuntu1)
> >
> > I'd have said your gcc has a bug regarding __builtin_constant_p(),
> > but I can't reproduce it on i386 with the compiler you are using.
>
> > You are using exactly this compiler for compiling your kernel?
> I tried several versions now (4.1, 4.3. 4.4pre) and all showed the
> error. I'm using ccache, maybe this has something to do with it? (Though
> I doubt it)

If ccache would always select a completely broken compiler that would
explain it...

(But it's unlikely.)

Can you try building without ccache?

Can you also try downloading the kernel sources as a tarball from
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/testing ?

> Btw: you noticed that this is x86_64 and not i386?

I noticed (but I currently only have a 32bit userspace, and for this
kind of error it shouldn't matter).

> > If yes I'm unfortunately out of ideas... :-(
> I have another config that builds properly. Actually I just changed some
> options to the config posted before. If nobody shouts "trivial" I could
> try to filter out the guilty option if there is any. But I possibly
> won't find the time before mid of the week.
>
> Thanks
> Mirco

cu
Adrian