Re: [git head] Should X86_PAT really default to yes?

From: Frans Pop
Date: Sun May 25 2008 - 11:09:01 EST

On Wednesday 07 May 2008, Venki Pallipadi wrote:
> On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 07:32:40PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> > Note that the "expected mapping type" errors remain the same both with
> > and without framebuffer console.
>
> The patch below plugs the mprotect hole and should eliminate the
> "expected mapping type" error messages. Can you check.

Hi,

My apologies for the very late reply. Unfortunately I've had no time for
work on kernel issues the last few weeks.

I have not specifically tested any of the proposed patches, but I can
confirm that the "expected mapping type" errors are gone with -rc2
and -rc3. Thanks a lot.

The artifacts are still there though and frequently even worse than
originally reported. I will open a bugzilla entry for that.

Cheers,
FJP