Re: Top 10 bugs/warnings for the week of March 23rd, 2008

From: Greg KH
Date: Sat May 24 2008 - 01:36:09 EST

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 09:19:24AM -0700, Arjan van de Ven wrote:
> Rank 2: sysfs_add_one
> Reported 264 times (528 total reports)
> Duplicate sysfs registration... mostly a GregKH bug ...
> This oops was last seen in version 2.6.26-rc3, and first seen in
> 2.6.24-rc6.
> More info: http://www.kerneloops.org/searchweek.php?search=sysfs_add_one

Note, only the older 2.6.24 and possibly .25 versions of this are my
"fault", as those come from the usb core. That's a bug that I thought
we fixed, and I can not duplicate it myself at all.

Other instances of this are real problems in other areas of the kernel
(like the pci hotplug drivers), and are not my fault :)

If anyone knows of a way to constantly reproduce this issue with a USB
device, please contact me and I'll work to resolve this.

Arjan, thanks a lot for these reports, I find them very useful.

thanks,

gerg k-h