Re: Top 10 bugs/warnings for the week of March 23rd, 2008

From: Alan Cox
Date: Fri May 23 2008 - 15:44:39 EST

> Rank 4: bad_io_access
> Reported 111 times (153 total reports)
> Bug with pata_isapnp causing another ata driver to go SPLAT

Bug in libata-sff and one that really proved the value of the oops work
you did. Nobody ever reported it in bugzilla in a way that made it
apparent what was up (I guess as it was an install crash) and probably
99% of users hitting it wouldn't even have thought their soundcard had an
unused, and possible unwired, IDE port.