Re: Number of bugs - statistics

From: Stefan Richter
Date: Thu May 22 2008 - 13:48:33 EST

Adrian Bunk wrote:
On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 06:22:57PM +0200, Stefan Richter wrote:
Adrian Bunk wrote:
And ALSA alone has 2000 open bug reports, which makes the open ACPI or SCSI bug numbers relatively irrelevant in any "number of bugs" statistics.
Central facilities like ACPI and SCSI having relatively few [and
according to Arjan a decreasing number of] reported unfixed bugs is...
irrelevant?

Yes, _in any "number of bugs" statistics_ that is irrelevant.

Well, yes, in any "simplistic total number of bugs without any frame of reference what is actually counted" statistics it is indeed irrelevant.

[...]
We do not even have good data for "number of bug reports".

That's right. We don't have comprehensive data, and it is difficult to draw conclusions from the data that we have.
--
Stefan Richter