Re: Moving sound/* to drivers/ ?

From: Rene Herman
Date: Thu May 22 2008 - 12:38:19 EST

On 22-05-08 17:04, Linus Torvalds wrote:

On Thu, 22 May 2008, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

I am in favor of keeping /sound around with the
non-hardware-dependent code, much like /block does with regard to
/drivers/block.

I'd personally *much* rather have just one subdirectory.

Then I'd agree/suggest ALSA move to drivers/sound. I brought it up but both Jaroslav and Takashi agree with you. For me it was more a "nicely reflects the design of things" issue than anything else...

I do agree that the drivers are better of in drivers/ and they are 10 times the size of the sound core.

Rene.