Re: [alsa-devel] HG -> GIT migration

From: Rene Herman
Date: Wed May 21 2008 - 11:38:21 EST

On 21-05-08 16:47, Takashi Iwai wrote:

Theoretically we can work only using merges. However, the resultant
tree will look too complex with lots of merge points at the time of
the next merge window. This is also a nightmare for bisecting. Thus,
most subsystem trees do rebase before the merge window in practice,
AFAIK.

It'd be appreciated if someone can tell me any good workflow to keep a
good-shaped tree without rebasing...

Over here:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/5/17/203

Linus suggests to just not do many merges from upstream -- basically only at releases.

I'm only looking at and experiencing things from the limited viewpoint of a leaf node though so I'll shut up for a bit first now as this might not be helpful.

Rene.