Re: [X86] Remove unnecessary code in 64bit CPU identification.

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Tue May 20 2008 - 15:42:59 EST

Dave Jones wrote:

Moving along the same direction.. Moving the vendor specific bits out of setup_64.c
into cpu/ would go a long way towards killing of setup64.c. I took a first pass at doing this
in the diff below. So far I only looked at the AMD specific bits, and haven't done
a complete conversion to cpu_dev style initialisation as done on 32bit, but that
can easily be performed later after moving all the code out into its respective places.
(downside: a bunch of externs in the interim).

comments on this before I go any further?

Looks good to me at first glance, and would definitely be a good step on the way.

-hpa