Re: 2.6.25.3: su gets stuck for root

From: Alan Cox
Date: Sun May 18 2008 - 14:02:49 EST

> This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu"...
> Attaching to program: /var/tmp/coreutils-6.10/coreutils-6.10/src/stty, process 26465
> /tmp/buildd/gdb-6.8/gdb/linux-nat.c:988: internal-error: linux_nat_attach: Assertion `pid == GET_PID (inferior_ptid) && WIFSTOPPED (status) && WSTOPSIG (status) == SIGSTOP' failed.
> A problem internal to GDB has been detected,

So your gdb is broken, your stty is doign stuff nobody else seems to be
seeing ? My first thought is to suspect the distro/source as I've still
had no other equivalent reports and given the gdb spew.

I'll have a dig further however as the GDB spew itself might actually be
a useful clue. Not sure I can do much without a proper trace however (if
gdb is borked on your box is strace giving sane reports ?)

Alan