Re: mplayer v4l hangs in 2.6.25.2/4 (likely regression)

From: koos vriezen
Date: Sat May 17 2008 - 16:06:48 EST

2008/5/17 Arjan van de Ven <arjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> > so.. bttv first takes "fh->cap.vb_lock" in vidiocgmbuf, then calls videobuf_mmap_setup(), and the first thing that does
is to also take fh->cap.vb_lock! This isn't even an ABBA deadlock,
but a straight AA deadlock :)

Looks like I'm the only one actually running this code ;-)

> and here is an (untest) patch that should fix this problem:
> Koos, can you apply this to your kernel tree and report back if this
> fixes your deadlock?

patching file drivers/media/video/bt8xx/bttv-driver.c
patching file drivers/media/video/videobuf-core.c
Hunk #2 succeeded at 1093 (offset -36 lines).
patching file include/media/videobuf-core.h
Hunk #1 succeeded at 227 (offset -10 lines).

Deadlock is gone, only mplayer fails to unmute the audio. Again the
Xvideo player works okay (with audio).
Hmm, using v4l2 (mplayer .. -tv noaudio:driver=v4l2:devic..) works
with audio now (used to be the other way around). I can live with
that.

Thanks for your help,
Koos