Re: Mechanism to safely force repair of single md stripe w/o hurtingdata integrity of file system

From: Peter Rabbitson
Date: Sat May 17 2008 - 15:39:20 EST

David Lethe wrote:
I'm trying to figure out a mechanism to safely repair a stripe of data
when I know a particular disk has a unrecoverable read error at a
certain physical block (for 2.6 kernels)

<snip>

As such, anybody up to the challenge of writing the code? I want it
enough to paypal somebody $500 who can write it, and will gladly open
source the solution.

Damn, here goes $500 :) Unfortunately the only thing I can bring to the table is a thread[1] about a mechanism that would fit your request nicely. Hopefully someone will pick this stuff up and make it a reality.

Peter

[1] http://marc.info/?l=linux-raid&m=120605458309825