Re: performance "regression" in cfq compared to anticipatory, deadline and noop

From: Fabio Checconi
Date: Fri May 16 2008 - 14:33:14 EST

> From: Matthew <jackdachef@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Fri, May 16, 2008 05:23:12PM +0200

> thanks for the 2 patches, please keep them coming :)
>
> a short report (due to the time shortage):
>
> I tested both patches this morning and got for both (still) around
> 52-58 MB/s (/dev/sdd & /dev/sde)
>
> thanks & have a nice weekend :)

Maybe I've missed it but I cannot find the blktrace output for your
original test and for the test with the first patch posted by Jens
in this thread (the one completely removing the blk_start_queueing()
call), may I ask you if you can point me to them?

>From what I understood that patch didn't solve your issue, so the
following ones, that adopt a similar approach, are unlikely to do
any better.

Thank you in advance.