startx results in a blank screen

From: Justin Mattock
Date: Wed May 14 2008 - 17:16:29 EST

Hello; I've compiled the latest git 2.6.26-rc2-** and really like
what I see and feel(heat and noise) the problem I have is I'm forced
to use
3rd party video drivers for dri : - (
So with this in mind I'm trying to compile my video card module, and
am confused is to as or why startx results in a blank screen!!
I've reverted drm and agpgart, and also tried to convert the video
module to use drm_minor(drmP.h), but still the same results,
Where in the kernel might I find some useful info on why startx
results with a blank screen?
looking at Xorg.0.log I'm seeing a stop at drmGetBusid''
regards;

--
Justin P. Mattock