Re: /proc/kallsyms broken in 2.6.26-rc1-git6

From: Paulo Marques
Date: Mon May 12 2008 - 06:00:45 EST

Alexey Dobriyan wrote:
On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 08:59:56PM +0100, Paulo Marques wrote:
Andi Kleen wrote:
[...]
Yes and? Surely that's not correct?
That's not for me to judge, but I believe it has always been like that.

*cough*

Here is how typical /proc/kallsyms looks like:

ffffffff80200000 A _text
ffffffff80200000 T startup_64
ffffffff802000b7 t ident_complete
ffffffff80200100 T secondary_startup_64

This isn't helpful... the question is whether it is kallsyms misbehaving and placing new symbols in the kernel image or if it is some other change in the kernel that is generating new symbols that end up in the symbol table.

My guess it is that it is the later, and in that case, from a kallsyms standpoint "it has always been like that".

--
Paulo Marques - www.grupopie.com

"God is love. Love is blind. Ray Charles is blind. Ray Charles is God."