Re: Microblaze toolchain - libc

From: John Williams
Date: Sun May 11 2008 - 18:43:49 EST

Hi Michal,

On Sun, 2008-05-11 at 16:05 +0200, Michal Simek wrote:

> is it any movement in libc?
> I would like clear code around syscalls.

I can't see anything radical happening with glibc / uClibc in the short
term. My suggestion is you make sure the kernel builds with current
toolchain.

I'm not personally concerned about minor bloat of adding syscalls like
openat() that are not currently used - 1 or 2 K for extra entries in
syscall table, and a few hundred bytes per sys_wrapper really is not on
the radar if glibc is considered a sensible library for Microblaze +
MMU!

Regards,

John