Re: Error in save_stack_trace() on x86_64?

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Sun May 11 2008 - 15:59:05 EST

Vegard Nossum wrote: in userspace this trace looks correct.

No, it is happening from kernel code. As you can see from the original
backtrace, the regs->ip (RIP) (regs taken from the very same
do_page_fault()) points at add_uevent_var, which is a kernel function.

if it happens in kernel space... I wonder if the separate exception stack
thing
is hurting us with the stacks not being properly connected...
(but oopses and the like seem to come out just fine so I kinda doubt you're
hitting that)

Thanks for looking into this.

do you happen to have something that I maybe can reproduce?
(if you have that it would save me a ton of time in reproducing)

Vegard