Re: HDIO_DRIVE_CMD failed on Dell Latitude D630

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Sun May 11 2008 - 01:56:43 EST

Marcelo Laia wrote:
Dear Kernel Developer,

Apologies for send this message to this list. I previous have sent
this problem to debian.user.portuguese malling list, after to
debian.user and, both, I don't receive a help that solve the problem.

Here is the threads:

in portuguese: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user.portuguese/105597

in English: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user/322839

Here is a screenshot of the last showed screen before powerdown:

http://www.divshare.com/download/4384152-861

Have you a tip for me?

Thank you very much!

Sounds like a Debian problem, trying to set acoustic management settings on a DVD drive is not something the init scripts or whatever they are should be doing. The aborted command error is expected because the drive doesn't support that command.

What was the actual problem you were seeing?