Re: 2.6.25 crash: EIP: [<c02e2f14>] xfrm_output_resume+0x64/0x100ss:esp 0068:c03a1e5c

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Fri May 09 2008 - 07:13:36 EST

* Marco Berizzi <pupilla@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Herbert Xu wrote:
>
> > On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 11:50:00AM +0200, Marco Berizzi wrote:
> > >
> > > I have rebooted the two boxes with slub_debug.
> > > This is the output taken with network console.
> > > Herbert does it help you?
> > >
> > > BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at 6b6b6b9f
> >
> > Unfortunately this just confirms that your skb has been freed
> > prematurely because 6b is the poison value.
> >
> > However, it doesn't point us at the offender.
>
> :-((

you could try x86.git and enable CONFIG_KMEMCHECK, which catches all
sorts of memory corruption bugs at its root:

http://people.redhat.com/mingo/x86.git/README

it's for 32-bit currently, and depends on the following CONFIG details
in your .config:

depends on X86_32
depends on !X86_USE_3DNOW
depends on !CC_OPTIMIZE_FOR_SIZE
depends on !DEBUG_PAGEALLOC && SLUB

note that CONFIG_DEBUG_PAGEALLOC=y will catch a few types of corruption
too. Note that KMEMCHECK and DEBUG_PAGEALLOC are exclusive.

Ingo