Re: [git head] X86_PAT & mprotect

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Fri May 09 2008 - 06:09:13 EST

* Venki Pallipadi <venkatesh.pallipadi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I've tried doing it slightly differently below, don't know whether
> > you'll consider it an improvement or not.
>
> Hugh: Thanks for looking into this. Yes. I like your modified patch.
> Simpler and smaller.

i have stuck your original patch into testing and nothing blew up so
far. Due to the mm/ bits this is not for the scope of x86.git, but
obviously it all looks good and is .26-worthy to me:

Acked-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx>
Tested-by: Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx>

Venki, could you please send a full patch against -git that has
everything from Hugh included, with an updated changelog, for
Linus/Andrew to ack/apply?

Ingo