Re: OF files

From: Paul Mackerras
Date: Fri May 09 2008 - 02:11:54 EST

Michal Simek writes:

> I tested OF files changes. I sent you some patches about.
>
> I look at headers files too. Is it possible to move prom.h,
> of_device.h and of_platform.h to asm-generic or linux folder?

We can move stuff to drivers/of and include/linux, but we should only
move the parts that are truly architecture-independent. We should not
have anything like #ifdef CONFIG_PPC_PSERIES in the files in those
directories. If it needs an ifdef like that, then that part of the
file should stay under arch/powerpc.

In other words, it's OK to split files and end up with more files than
we have at present. That's better than adding ifdefs.

Paul.