Re: BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at xxx

From: Mike Travis
Date: Thu May 08 2008 - 15:20:43 EST

Thomas Meyer wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 06.05.2008, 11:33 -0700 schrieb Mike Travis:
>
>> Would you also send your .config file as well
>> as a summary of the system configuration (cpu type, etc.)?
> $ opcontrol --version
> opcontrol: oprofile 0.9.3 compiled on Oct 8 2007 10:36:39
>
> $ yum list oprofile
> Installed Packages
> oprofile.i386 0.9.3-6.fc8 installed

Hi Thomas,

I've not been able to reproduce this failure on my (very similar) AMD
box. I've compiled and installed the oprofile package but that didn't
seem to do it.

# opcontrol --version
opcontrol: oprofile 0.9.3 compiled on May 8 2008 12:02:00

One thing to note is that I'm using the very latest linux-next source,
would this be the same as what you are using?

Also I've noticed is that your system is loading SELinux while mine
is not, though I doubt that has any effect on the panic.

yours:
[ 0.753301] Security Framework initialized
[ 0.753301] SELinux: Initializing.
[ 0.753301] SELinux: Starting in permissive mode

mine:
Mount failed for selinuxfs on /selinux: No such device

(Unfortunately I'm not familiar with that package or I'd pop it in
to try it out.)

If you can come up with some more info (or try Andrew's "back out"
patch to verify that the oprofile changes are the cause of the panic),
would you let me know?

Thanks,
Mike