Re: Kenrel oops

From: Yan Seiner
Date: Thu May 08 2008 - 15:00:32 EST

Jan Kara
>> I just had this kernel oops. Approximately 5 mintes later, the machine
>> hard-locked. Can anyone give me some guidance on where to look?
> Any chance of reproducing this without the NVidia module? It looks
> like filp->f_op->flush contained an invalid pointer (although
> ffff81007e3d1300 doesn't look completely insane but more like a pointer
> to data than to a function). Weren't you playing with rmmod before this
> happened?

I was playing with Xephyr on top of X, so it's possible that the script I
was using tried to load the opensource nv module on top of the nvidia
module and/or that there was repeated insmod/rmmod of nvidia and nv before
this happened.

I've not been able to reproduce this since.

--Yan

--
Windows is like a canary in a coal mine, it's the first thing to die on
your network.