Re: clocksources: order of preference

From: Philipp Kohlbecher
Date: Thu May 08 2008 - 07:08:27 EST

Thomas Gleixner wrote:
We also check the TSC with a watchdog mechanism, which verifies that
is is keeping accurate time. When we detect that TSC does not, we
replace it by the next available clock source.
True. In all the cases I know, the watchdog mechanism worked and marked the TSC as unstable. The soft lockup only led to a (sometimes considerable) delay at boot time.
You may submit one, but it's very unlikely that is gets applied. :)
Makes sense. :)

Thank you for your extremely quick reply!
- Philipp Kohlbecher