china email failures...

From: David Miller
Date: Mon May 05 2008 - 16:08:09 EST

Folks, if you have friends in China, you may let them know
that we've been increasing seeing site-wide bounce problems
lasting days here at vger that require us to remove lots of
people from the lists.

This isn't isolated to one or two sites, it's been seen for
anything from yahoo.com.cn to fujitsu.com.cn

The error is always the same:

User not local; please try <forward-path>

and every recipient at the site fails this way.

I don't know what causes this, or why it's seemingly only
hitting sites in China. But when it happens I have absolutely
no way to contact the people who I have to unsubscribe because
my emails to them fail in a similar way.