Re: Slow DOWN, please!!!

From: Friedrich Göpel
Date: Thu May 01 2008 - 16:14:32 EST

On 10:41 Thu 01 May , Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Same goes for "we should all just spend time looking at each others
> patches and trying to find bugs in them". That's not a solution, that's a
> drug-induced dream you're living in.

But is it smarter to discourage people from doing code review, by saying
that they won't be doing it anyway,
or actively and publicly encourage people to do so, even on the chance
that it might not lead to everyone doing it?
It's kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy that way.

Trying to force it through the process is another matter entirely.

Cheers,

Friedrich Göpel