Re: 2.6.25-git16 -- BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereferenceat 00000000 -- IP: [<c02dd5d5>] fw_show_drv_device_ids+0xd9/0xee

From: Dan Noé
Date: Thu May 01 2008 - 10:37:40 EST

Stefan Richter wrote:
I could look into keeping those messages down to only a single one per attempt to fetch the so-called configuration ROM of an added node.

Seems like this is ideal.

(The ROM CRC error warning has been added in 2.6.22. Before Linux 2.6.22, the ROM CRC errors were silently accepted. The new alternative firewire drivers also do not warn about ROM CRC errors... yet...)

I like to be warned about things, even if there isn't anything I can really do about it (fix my IEEE 1394 ROM CRC? :) But there doesn't seem to be any point to repeating the message.

Do the repeats come because it prints each time the config ROM is accessed?

Cheers,
Dan

--