Re: Ingo, no more kconfig patches

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 21:38:35 EST

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 03:17:03AM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:

> * Adrian Bunk <bunk@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > This breakage with your .config is *not* caused by an input bug as you
> > wrongly claim (I'll send a correct fix after some testing).
>
> I have no opinion about where the bug is (input or leds or elsewhere) -
> my only opinion is that the kernel must not stay build-broken - and the
> discussion with Dmitry was about that.
>
> I'm not interested in trivial patches as those issues are much more
> efficiently handled by the person who maintains that code (i.e. Dmitry)
> and who intimately knows the dependencies and expectations of that code.
> That's why i sent the bugreport and patch to Dmitry.

Why is Dmitry responsible for a bug introduced by a commit *you*
Signed-off in a subsystem that lists *you* as the maintainer?

The bug is in arch/x86/Kconfig .

Caused by commit 4cf31841762954ad2868156ccba94d798a16630f
(x86: mach-rdc321x Kconfig fix).

That Dmitrys code broke was just a side effect of your bug.

Roman's patch to remove the need to select NEW_LEDS that just appeared
in another thread will actually also fix your bug (and makes my idea
to add a "select NEW_LEDS" to X86_RDC321X obsolete).

> Ingo

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.