Re: Slow DOWN, please!!!

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 21:31:15 EST

Linus Torvalds wrote:
And I think publicly announced git trees and -mm and linux-next are great partly because they end up doing that same thing. I heartily encourage submaintainers to always Cc: linux-kernel when they send me a "please pull" request - I don't know if anybody else ever really pulls that tree, but I do think that it's very healthy to write that message and think of it as a publication event. ]

And, ideally, they would have posted the changes as patches to the list for review anyway, so there shouldn't be anything surprising in that pull...