Re: Slow DOWN, please!!!

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 19:52:20 EST

On Thursday, 1 of May 2008, david@xxxxxxx wrote:
> On Thu, 1 May 2008, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
>
> > On Thursday, 1 of May 2008, Andrew Morton wrote:
> >> On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:31:22 -0700 (PDT)
> >> Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Also, the patches that were thoroughly discussed during their development
> > should be regarded as more trustworthy than the ones that were not discussed
> > at all.
>
> but you don't have any way of knowing how much discussion took place on
> any particular patch. that discussion could have taken place in many
> different places, and you don't have the ability to monitor them all.

Not at the moment, but there may be a way to do that if we think of it more
thoroughly.

One idea may be add a "Commented-by:" tag in which to place people who
provided valuable comments to the patch author and/or maintainer (as a comma
separated list, for example, in analogy with the email Cc lists), especially if
the patch has been changed as a result of the comments.

Thanks,
Rafael