Re: ACPI vs proc_create_data() mismerge (was Re: proc_dir_entry'info' already registered)

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Wed Apr 30 2008 - 19:24:56 EST

On Thu, 1 May 2008, Alexey Dobriyan wrote:

> ACPI vs proc_create_data() mismerge.

Ahh, my bad. Sorry. It all looked fine and compiled, but yes, I didn't
boot-test the merge - although I did ask Len to double-check it for me.

Usually these "fairly trivial" merges work without any issues, so I do the
merge for the maintainer rather than sending an email back saying "it
didn't merge cleanly, can you do the merge for me". I reserve the latter
for just the things that look really complicated..

> acpi_device_dir() is NULL until all files are createst, so everyting is
> created in straight in /proc/ and creation code warns.

Thanks,

Linus